2. Our class came up with the idea to make better use of used materials.
come up with提出；
make (good) use of(充分) 利用
3. Last but not least, we should make good use of water in our daily life.
last but not least最后但同样重要的是
4. As far as I'm concerned, riding bicycles is a good solution to air pollution.
as far as … be concerned就……而言；关于；solution to …… 的解决办法
5. Littering makes our school dirty, and does harm to the image of our school.
do harm to / do ... harm伤害；对……有害
6. Immediate actions should be taken to improve the environment.
take immediate actions立即采取行动；
7. Online voting becomes increasingly popular, and many competitions get people involved in it.
increasingly popular 越来越流行；be / get involved (in / with)参与
8. Chinese knots stand for friendship, love and good luck.
9. In addition to reading for knowledge, we read for fun and inspiration.
in addition to除……之外 (还)
10. For one thing, reading literary books can help to improve my writing skills and broaden my horizons. For another, they can enrich my life.
for one thing …, for another (thing) …首先……，再者……
11. This time I will introduce Tang Poetry to you, which is of great help in learning Chinese.
introduce sb / sth to sb向某人介绍某人 / 某事物；(be) of great help很有帮助的
12. Of the two ways of sharing books, the latter wins my favour.
13. Generally, I am in favour of the view.
in favour of 赞同；支持
14. Don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions.
hesitate to do sth犹豫做某事
15. I'm writing to apply for the position as a student volunteer.
16. Life consists of not only sunshine but also storms.
consist of由……构成；由……组成 not only....but also...
17. We should be brave in front of difficulties.
in front (of)在 (……) 前面；在 (……) 面前
18. We should value what we have and try our best to overcome any difficulty in life.
value 重视；珍视；do / try one’s best 尽力；overcome difficulties克服困难
19. As long as you have a dream, keep trying and you'll make it.
as long as只要；make it 做到 / 成功
20. Faced with difficulties, they never give up but try their best to find a way out.
(be) faced with面临 / 面对；give up 放弃；try one’s best to do sth尽力做某事
21. I was totally engaged in my study and seldom paid attention to my mother's feelings.
be engaged in sth 忙于某事；pay attention to 注意
22. I'm easy to get along with and I like to make friends.
get along with与……相处融洽
23. Being an active young person, I like sports and outdoor activities.
an outdoor activity一项户外活动
24. Some of us always take it for granted (that) our parents or grandparents should take care of us.
take ... for granted (that)认为……理所当然
25. If it's convenient for you, let's meet at 8:30 outside the school gate.
It is convenient (for sb) to do sth(某人) 方便做某事
26. I can do my bit to help with the housework so as to share mother's daily burden.
do one’s bit 尽自己的本分；so as to 为了
27. As Teachers' Day is approaching, our class decide to hold a party to celebrate the important day.
28. On behalf of our school, I would like to express our warm welcome to you.
on behalf of代表；express welcome to sb对某人表示欢迎
29. We should take an active part in sports and outdoor activities frequently.
take an active part in 积极参与
30. The activity got us close to nature and gave us relaxation from heavy school work.
get close to接近
31. Outdoor activities are really helpful in building up my body and enriching my school life.
be helpful in doing sth对做某事有帮助
32. Besides building my body and enriching my knowledge, after-class activities also free me from the heavy work of study.
enrich 丰富；free sb from使某人摆脱
33. I read the announcement of the summer camp that you have posted on the Internet and I am interested in it.
post张贴 / 发布；be interested in对……感兴趣
34. In a word,good listening can show respect, promote understanding, and improve interpersonal relationship and can really enable us to get closer to each other.
in a word总之；
enable sb / sth to do sth 使某人 / 某事物做某事；
get close to 接近
35. It is greatly important to try to keep a good relationship with other classmates.努力和其他同学保持良好关系非常重要。
It is important to do sth做某事很重要；
keep a good relationship with与……保持良好的关系
36. It is a good opportunity for the only child like me to learn to share and work together.
an opportunity to do sth做某事的机会
37. While climbing the mountain, we enjoyed the warm sunshine and a beautiful view.
38. With the Spring Festival drawing near, people will hold all varieties of activities.
draw near接近 / 靠近；
a variety / varieties of各式各样的
39. What's worse, some drivers do not think it vital to obey traffic rules.
what’s worse 更糟糕的是；think it vital to do sth 认为做某事至关重要
40. Traffic issues not only affect our everyday life, but may also threaten people's lives.
not only … but also 不仅……而且……；issue问题
41. With the help of my parents and teachers, I have made great progress in my study.
with thehelpof...在...某人的帮助下；make progress取得进步
42. He inspires me to major in English in college to be a bridge between China and the world.
inspire sb to do sth 鼓励 / 激励某人做某事；major in 主修
43. I have such a good command of English that I am elected as an assistant to my English teacher.
have a good command of精通；
such … that如此以至于；
be elected as 被选为
44. Helen has set an excellent example to all of us.
set an example to sb给某人树立榜样
45. My deskmate admires my fluent English very much and I usually feel encouraged by his compliments.
46. Spare no effort to acquire knowledge and never get discouraged easily.
spare no effort to do sth 不遗余力地做某事；acquire knowledge 获取知识；
47. I decided on science as my main subject of study. The reasons are as follows.
48. High school students are faced with a choice between arts and science.
be faced with 面临
49. I've been learning English for 10 years, and I can speak fluent English.
50. I would appreciate it if you could take my proposal into consideration.
We would appreciate it if you could reply at your earliest convenience.
I'd appreciate it if …如果……我将不胜感激；
take sth into consideration 考虑到某事；顾及某事
at your earliest convenience 尽早；尽快