美文:一颗勇敢的心

As the train picked up its speed, the passengers slowly settled down on their seats.
火车开始缓缓加速,乘客们挨个儿在座位上坐定。
I reserved the lower berth , so that I could enjoy the beauty of out side from the moving train.
我预购了下铺的车票,如此一来,火车向前行驶的时候,我就可以欣赏窗外的风景了。

I don't know why I always preferred to get the window seat.
我也不知道自己为什么总是偏爱靠窗的位子。

An elderly lady occupied the front seat of mine.
一位老太太在我前面的位置坐下。
I looked at her.
我看了看她。
She must be in her eighties, I guessed.
这大概是一位耄耋之年的老人,我猜测。
At one point, we met our eyes.
偶然的,我们四目相接。
She smiled at me. With courtesy , I gave her response.
她对我报以微笑,我也彬彬有礼的表示回礼。
Both of us were silent.
我们俩都没说话。
By that time, the train was in its full speed.
这时,火车正全速前进。
It was 4:50 pm, evening time.
那时的时间是下午4点50分。
So, bed time was still in a long way.
离睡觉的时间还早着呢。
I couldn't resist myself any longer and asked, 'Auntie! Where are you going?'
我实在忍不住寂寞,就问道,“阿姨,您这是到哪儿去呀?”
She looked at me and friendly said, 'Army camp, dear.'
她看看我,友好的说:"我到军营里去,亲爱的。”
Suddenly my enthusiasm doubled to know the reason. I politely said, 'Aunty, you are visiting someone?'
我顿时兴致倍增,更想刨根问底了。我礼貌的问,“您去拜访什么人吗?”
She smiled triumphantly and said, 'Yes!'
她露出自豪的微笑,说到“没错。”
Just to linger the conversation, I talked to her in a very jolly mood,
我还不想住嘴,一副兴高采烈的样子对她说,

'Auntie, you must be feeling so excited to see your child and your grand children.'
“阿姨,能看到自己的孩子和孙子,您一定很高兴。“
Perhaps, this question hurt her a little but boldly she answered,
听到我的问题,她似乎有些被戳到痛处,但她还是宽容的答道,

'Oh, dear! You are so sweet!
“哦,亲爱的,你太好了。

Anyways, I had only one son who joined in army
不过,我只有一个儿子参军

and was killed by the terrorist attack just few days before.
就在几天前,他在一场恐怖袭击中去世了。

I bought so many new clothes with the winter garments for him.
我还给他买了这么多衣服,准备过冬穿呢。

So, I thought why not I would spare my son's clothes to some other soldiers,
所以,我就想,为什么不把给儿子的衣服送给其他的士兵呢

so that I would restraint my sorrow and would be happy thinking that my own son has worn it.
这样一来,我的悲伤或许会减轻一些,看到他们穿着这些衣服,就像我自己的儿子穿着一样,我一定会很高兴。

He was a bachelor, so I don't have any grand child.'
他还是个单身汉,所以我还没有孙子呢。”
I was stunned hearing her heart breaking story!
她的故事简直让人心碎,我目瞪口呆!


But I saluted the old lady from the core of my heart.
可是,我又从心底生出对这位老妇人的敬意。

I was thinking of her brave heart!
我想,她的心多么坚强呀!
你可能感兴趣的文章
美文:一颗勇敢的心

美文:一颗勇敢的心

美文赏析 2020-09-15
美文:我们都是地球母亲的孩子

美文:我们都是地球母亲的孩子

美文赏析 2020-09-15
美文:真正的自我 从不会被弄丢

美文:真正的自我 从不会被弄丢

美文赏析 2020-09-07
双语美文:不要生活在幻觉中,清醒一点

双语美文:不要生活在幻觉中,清醒一点

美文赏析 2020-09-03
英语美文摘抄《看不见的笑容》

英语美文摘抄《看不见的笑容》

美文赏析 2020-08-20
英语美文摘抄《没有过不去的坎》

英语美文摘抄《没有过不去的坎》

美文赏析 2020-08-20
那些美到心底的英文句子,收藏起来,慢慢回味

那些美到心底的英文句子,收藏起来,慢慢回味

美文赏析 2020-07-08
美文:先洗干净你自己的杯子

美文:先洗干净你自己的杯子

美文赏析 2020-06-17
双语美文:付出爱,就会收获爱

双语美文:付出爱,就会收获爱

美文赏析 2020-06-15
美文:智慧无处不在,你能发现吗?

美文:智慧无处不在,你能发现吗?

美文赏析 2020-06-05